Friday, December 12, 2008

V is for Visits



This time of the year, there are so many visits.
They can be fun and pleasurable -
visit the family, visit from friends
They can be a pain but unavoidable -
annual visits to the docs, to the dentist, to the eye examiner
They can be nostalgic -
a visit into the past, trip down the memory lane
They can be enthusiastic -
a visit into the future, new year resolutions and goals
So YES, as the year winds down, V stands for Visits in my little corner of the world.
-------------------------
Though my theme word for the holidays and beyond will be N is for "NOW".  Starting this moment, I plan to stay strongly connected to the "NOW", and nothing else but the "NOW". Every time I take the afore mentioned visits, I intend to stay in the moment,  take one breath at a time and savor the NOW. The peace that accompanies will be worth the universal stress combined. Smiles and peace will be my companions, oh yeah - it is a given, befriending the NOW will set me free. And I am sticking to this theme, come hell or high water. Join me,  won't you?
_______________________
Picture above taken by my husband, so all credits to him. It was during a visit to Disney few winters ago - I figured the message is something we need to keep in mind esp. during this part of the year when stress levels become ridiculous, chant the mantra "Peace On Earth".
______

4 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

love the stark black background!
ROG, ABC W

Jae Rose said...

Yes..if we aren't in the now it too soon becomes past

Gillena Cox said...

good theme word; have a nice Sunday

much love...

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

It's a new year, and Sunday Scribblings 2 is a new place for prompts for writers of whatever genre. I was sorry to see Sunday Scribblings go, so I decided to continue the tradition. Each Wednesday, I will post a new prompt. At midnight Friday, you will be able to link your writing to this site: Sunday Scribblings 2

The prompt is up. Please join us!