Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Humbling Power


The eyes filled with awe, as I heaved up the laundry basket,
The eyes full of admiration, as I cut the veggies,
The eyes reflected wonder, as I turned the key on the ignition
The eyes spoke respect, as I plaited a piggy tail
The eyes, her eyes, that of my two year olds
Always alert, always watching,
Always following my every move.
Made me godly, made me powerful,
Yet somehow humbled,
Like never ever before.







#############################################

In response to the Prompt for Powerful from Sunday Scribblings

#############################################

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful poem, and a lovely eye. How wonderful to notice and appreciate the adoring gaze of a baby.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if my last comment went through, so I'll say again how touching I find this poem. To notice and appreciate the adoring gaze of a baby, this is what the beauty of life is. Precious photo.

UL said...

Thanks much, Christine.

Jo said...

I so relate to this! Nice one.

UL said...

Thank you, Jo.